Humans have been using gold bullion to store wealth and diversify portfolios for millennia. We choose to invest in gold because It is a great way to diversify your portfolio; it is a store of value and acts as a hedge against inflation, economic risks and geopolitical risks.
Deciding to buy gold is a big step. However, once you have made the decision to invest in precious metals there are a number of questions that you will still have to answer. An important one is ‘where can you buy gold?’
Also read: What is Gold?
To help you to answer this we will look at the different options as to where you can acquire gold.
Physical Gold in the US
You can buy physical gold from specialist gold dealers and the US is one of the best places to do this. This is thanks to the United States’ various checks, balances and quality controls that are put in place. In theory this should mean that the gold you collect from one seller is the same as that from another, however investors will find differences between premiums charged, service offered and the options available.
Also read: How to buy Physical Gold?
Buying Gold Coins in the US
Gold coins in the US are one of the two main ways investors choose to own physical gold bullion, with gold bars being the other.
There are a number of options when it comes to deciding where to buy gold coins in the US. You can read about them in detail here but we provide a quick summary below:
- Traditional bricks and mortar stores - Increasingly uncommon and may have high premiums due to the costs of running a physical, street-side presence. However, there are some advantages to buying face-to-face: one is that you can see the coins before making a purchase and the other is that you can take possession of them as soon as you have paid for them.
- Online marketplaces - Choosing to buy gold coins from an online marketplace can be a little overwhelming as the space is largely unregulated. It can be difficult to ensure you are buying an authentic product and premiums can be very high. If you do choose to buy through an online marketplace we suggest you thoroughly check customer reviews first and be sure to look for any hidden costs such as insurance fees and shipping costs.
- Gold bullion dealers - Dedicated US gold bullion dealers, such as GoldCore are an excellent choice when deciding how to buy gold in the US. We recommend only sourcing gold coins from a dedicated gold dealer for best results. By working with a dedicated dealer, you are guaranteed investment grade gold coins at competitive price points.
Also Read: How to buy Gold Coins in US?
Gold Coins from GoldCore
We offer our clients an extensive range of gold bullion coins from all over the world. We currently offer the following:
- Austrian Philharmonic
- Australian Kangaroo
- South African Krugerrand
- British Gold Britannia
- British Gold Sovereign
- Canadian Gold Maple Leaf
- American Eagle
Where can I obtain gold bars from?
Gold bars are another way to own gold bullion. As with gold coins, buyers must be vigilant when deciding who they would like to buy gold bars from. We always recommend looking at customer reviews and carrying out comparisons across the many sellers. As well as price and customer reviews you should look out for any hidden costs, storage options offered, any buy-back options and the range of bars available.
Also read: How to Buy Gold Bars?
- Traditional bricks and mortar stores - There are some advantages to buying face-to-face: one is that you can see the gold bars prior to making a purchase and the other is that you can take possession of them as soon as you have paid for them. But they are only likely to sell very small bars and they will have higher premiums due to the costs of running a physical, street-side presence. Furthermore their product offering is likely to be quite simple and so you may not have the options available to make sure you can make the best investment decision. For example, they are unlikely to offer secure storage, or unallocated gold.
- Online marketplaces - Choosing to buy gold bars in the US from an online marketplace can be risky as the market is largely unregulated. You need to be able to ensure you are buying an authentic product and premiums can be very high. If you do choose to buy through an online marketplace we suggest you thoroughly check customer reviews first and be sure to look for any hidden costs such as insurance fees and shipping costs. Again, options will be limited such as storage and buy-back arrangements.
- Dedicated US gold bullion dealers - with more than 14,000 clients and over $1 billion in transactions, it is clear that GoldCore is a top choice among precious metal investors, when it comes to buying gold bullion. We offer a wide range of gold bar products. From buying and taking delivery of a 250g investment grade gold bars, to holding gold through to our GoldSave Program, we are sure to have the right product for you to buy gold in the US.
Read more: Where to buy Gold Bars in US?
Why buy gold in the US from GoldCore?
Here at GoldCore, we have operated within the precious metal sphere for almost 20 years. We have more than 15,00 clients in over 75 countries worldwide. Our world-class trading platform is one of the most sophisticated and secure in the industry, and we handle thousands of transactions monthly. We also manage and store over $130 million in assets for our clients. With GoldCore, you can rest assured that you’re in good hands.
GoldCore has been helping US investors to buy gold since 2003 when we first launched our Gold Accumulation program. From both online and our US offices we continue to offer US investors the opportunity to buy gold bars and gold coins, at low premiums through our trusted platform. GoldCore is here to help you to buy gold bullion and/or coins either at home or in a secure, insured and audited storage facility.
You can browse our selection of gold bars and coins at your leisure, whilst using our on-page live feed to keep an eye on gold spot prices. Customers have the choice to take delivery of gold, or choose to store it with us in our highly secure vaults. In contrast to other gold sellers, we buy back all bullion sold and stored in our facilities, and we have additional processes in place to buy gold stored in clients’ personal vaults.
Also read: Is it a good time to buy Gold?
How to Buy Gold?
Buying gold bullion with GoldCore couldn’t be easier. You can set up a trading account and manage your investments from the comfort of your own home. Simply visit the “open account” page on our secure site and follow the on-screen instructions.
Need assistance? We understand that investing in gold bullion for the first time can be overwhelming. Our experts are on hand to help though. Simply schedule your free strategy call with our team or call our office on: Ireland +(01) 653 3426, UK +44203 0869200, US +1 888 381 8130. We are ready to answer any questions you may have, or to help you in any way we can. We look forward to hearing from you.
Also read: How much Gold can you travel with?