|Weight:||Spot Price:||Buy Price:|
|1.00 oz||$ 2,072.26||$ 2,226.20|
Buy 1 Oz Gold Buffalo Coins
American Buffalo Gold Coins are legal tender, .9999 pure 24-carat, 1-ounce gold with a face value of $50. They were first minted in June 2006 under the Presidential $1 Coin Act of 2005. Title II of the act announced the striking and issuing of $50 Gold American Buffalo bullion and proof coins. It marked the first time in history that the U.S. Mint produced a .9999 pure 24- carat gold coin. Classically crafted, it evokes a golden age of coin artistry.
What are the benefits of owning an American Buffalo Gold Coin?
- Buffalo coins are the purest coins minted in the US. They are 24-carat gold, purer than 22-carat American Eagle gold coins.
- First minted in 2006, they have remained popular ever since.
- Beautifully crafted, American Buffalo gold bullion coins are coveted by investors and collectors alike.
- They are produced in a variety of sizes, available for varying budgets.
- Even without a smaller coin size, they remain as popular as Krugerrand gold coins and more.
American Buffalo Gold Coin History
American Buffalo Gold Coins were designed by James Earle Fraser, a student of the legendary sculptor Augustus Saint-Gaudens. Elegantly designed, buffalo coins remained in use for 25 years then resurfaced with the release of the ‘American Buffalo Commemorative Coin’ in 2001. The coin's feature images were originally created for America's five-cent coin, introduced in 1913. Known as the "Indian Head," or "Buffalo Nickel," it showcases the native beauty of the American West.
The Coin Design
The obverse (front) of the coin depicts a Native American Chief. Fraser blended the profiles of three renowned chiefs from Native American Indian tribes (Big Tree, Iron Tail, and Two Moons). Each posed for him to ensure the likenesses were captured correctly. The motto “LIBERTY” rests top right, the year of mintage bottom left and below that the initial “F” depicting Fraser’s name. The reverse of the coin features a left-facing buffalo standing atop a rock or mound. His powerful presence is all-encompassing, with his head and tail pressing against the coin edges.
|$ 1,500 - $ 68,999||$ 2,226.20||7.43%|
|$ 69,000 - $ 136,999||$ 2,221.39||7.20%|
|$ 137,000 - $ 342,999||$ 2,216.58||6.96%|
|$ 343,000 - $ 684,999||$ 2,211.77||6.73%|
|$ 685,000 - $ 1,368,999||$ 2,206.96||6.50%|
|$ 1,369,000 +||$ 2,202.15||6.27%|
How to Buy 1 Oz Buffalo Gold Coins?
Buying American Buffalo Gold coin is a simple process in the US. You can purchase them online for Delivery or Storage using the “BUY” button on our website or call our US office and place your order over the telephone.
GoldCore sells gold buffalo and all major bullion bar and coin products. You can pay via bank wire, credit card, or debit card. We make a market in gold buffalo and offer fully insured delivery to all our US clients.
Many of our US clients opt to store their gold buffalo in fully insured offshore GoldCore Secure Storage jurisdictions. We specialise in offering our US and International client’s access to allocated and segregated bullion storage in secure, non-bank vault partners within safer jurisdictions such as Zurich, London, Hong Kong, and Singapore.
What is the price of American Buffalo Gold coins in the US?
The price of a 1 oz American Buffalo gold coin is shown in the upper right section of this page. The price of a 1oz gold buffalo is calculated using three components:
- The gold spot price is the price of an ounce of pure gold available for delivery within 2 trading days. It is typically determined by the best bid and offer for gold as offered by large bullion banks trading in real-time throughout the world.
- Gold buffalos have a purity of (.9999) 24-karat gold.
- The gold price premium is the percentage adjustment that is added or deducted from the gold spot price. The gold premium of gold coins or bars is determined by the cost of production, refining, fabrication, minting, and the logistics of making the gold coins available for sale in the US. The price of a gold buffalo coin is also impacted by supply and demand and the amount of gold being purchased.
Gold Buffalo coins are competitively priced and highly popular. They are an internationally liquid, portable store of value, and a vital form of financial insurance. They are one of the best ways for gold buyers and investors to own physical gold. They act well as a hedge, protecting American gold buyers from domestic and international financial and monetary risks.
Why should US investors buy American Buffalo Gold Coin?
Choosing to invest in the American Gold Buffalo coin is an excellent way to hedge your portfolio against inflation and add diversify to minimise risk. Only in production for 13 years, these 24-carat gold coins are amongst the purest and most well-respected gold bullion products in the world.
American Buffalo gold coin is an investment in pure gold; holding one of the highest purities of any 1oz gold coin on the market, it has a .9999-fineness. It is beneficial for exposure to the gold price, but more importantly, it offers the diversification and can also offer the financial insurance benefits of physical gold bullion. Gold buffalos also became popular due to its easy storage and delivery by post.
The buffalo coin was created to compete with foreign 24-carat gold bullion coins. Investors sometimes preferred 99.99% pure gold over the 91.67% gold used in the American Gold Eagle.
This meant that they chose to invest in non-U.S. coins, such as the Canadian Gold Maple Leaf, to meet their bullion needs.