“We Are On the Cusp of an Explosion in the Silver Price” – John Embry
Not everybody is believing the positive spin being put on recent financial market data. In fact some would go as far as to say that it is “propaganda” being spread in the mainstream media in an election year for the US. At least that is what John Embry concluded in a recent interview.
For those that are not familiar with Embry, he is the chief investment strategist at Sprott Asset Management and Sprott Gold and Precious Minerals Fund, and a highly respected precious metals industry expert with nearly 50 years of experience.
Embry believes that, while stock markets have gone back to near record levels in the US, the fact that interest rates remain at depression levels in most industrialised countries, including the US, is telling the real economic story.
He also highlights the stellar performance of silver mining stocks as an indicator of what might be in store for the silver price.
“The absolutely spectacular performance of silver mining equities so far this year tells the real story. I firmly believe we are on the cusp of an explosion in the silver price that will ultimately see silver trade at many multiples of the current $20 price (new all-time highs). And if the hyperinflation occurs, which I believe is inevitable due to the current global monetary policy, who knows how high the price can go?”
You can read the full interview here
Gold and Silver Bullion – News and Prices
Fed’s beige book finds ‘softening’ in retail sales (MarketWatch)
Gold Finds Its Place Amid Shifting Global Risks (Bloomberg)
Gold Prices (LBMA AM)
14 July: USD 1,325.705, EUR 1,192.99 & GBP 1,001.96 per ounce
13 July: USD 1,340.25, EUR 1,211.45 & GBP 1,009.74 per ounce
12 July: USD 1,352.85, EUR 1,217.84 & GBP 1,029.11 per ounce
11 July: USD 1,358.25, EUR 1,231.66 & GBP 1,059.95 per ounce
08 July: USD 1,356.10, EUR 1,224.83 & GBP 1,047.45 per ounce
07 July: USD 1,367.10, EUR 1,233.40 & GBP 1,052.80 per ounce
06 July: USD 1,370.00, EUR 1,239.71 & GBP 1,059.01 per ounce
Silver Prices (LBMA)
14 July: USD 20.25, EUR 18.23& GBP 15.15 per ounce
13 July: USD 20.29, EUR 18.31 & GBP 15.25 per ounce
12 July: USD 20.35, EUR 18.35 & GBP 15.47 per ounce
11 July: USD 20.47, EUR 18.53 & GBP 15.78 per ounce
08 July: USD 19.72, EUR 17.82 & GBP 15.20 per ounce
07 July: USD 19.95, EUR 18.00 & GBP 15.31 per ounce
06 July: USD 20.43, EUR 18.46 & GBP 15.75 per ounce
Recent Market Updates
– Stocks Rally – Is Brexit Systemic Risks Contained?
– Britain has a new prime minister – here’s what that means for you
– Metals Caught Between Global Gloom, U.S. Job Gains as Gold Slips
– Central Bank Resumes Monthly Gold Buying in Bid to Diversify Reserves
– Property Fund Turmoil in the UK has Eerie Echoes of Bear Stearns
– “In Gold We Trust” Annual Report – New Bull Market “Emerging”
– 3 Charts Show “How Precious Brexit Is” for Gold and Silver Bullion
– Gold, Silver Best Performing Assets In H1, 2016 – Up 26% & 38%
– Gold Surges to $1,313/oz – Fed Concerned Re Outlook, BREXIT and May “Consider Using Helicopter Money”
– Gold Prices Higher For 5th Session On BREXIT and FED
– Soros Buying Gold On BREXIT, EU “Collapse” Risk