China’s Gold Intent – ICBC Bank Reclassified as an LBMA Market Maker
ICBC Standard Bank, China and the world’s largest bank, has been reclassified as a spot Market Making Member of the London Bullion Market Association (LBMA) with effect from today according to a note posted on the LBMA website last night at 2100 GMT.
According to the post:
“In order to qualify as a LBMA Market Maker, a company must offer two-way quotations in both gold and silver to the other Market Makers throughout the London business day. Reclassification is the responsibility of the LBMA Management Committee. In deciding on the issue of reclassification, the Committee takes account of the views of the other Market Makers on the performance of the candidate company during an approximately three month probationary period.
Total LBMA membership stands at 146, consisting of 13 Market Making Members, 67 Ordinary Members and 66 Associates Members. The membership list can be found on the LBMA’s website.”
ICBC becoming a new LBMA market maker in the gold market, while expected, is an important development and again shows China’s intent with regard to becoming a key player in the global gold market. We are surprised by the lack of coverage of this important event but this could be due to the fact that the note was published at 9pm London time.
Gold Prices (LBMA)
5 April: USD 1,231.50, EUR 1,083.59 and GBP 866.32 per ounce
4 April: USD 1,215.00, EUR 1,068.80 and GBP 854.58 per ounce
1 April: USD 1,232.10, EUR 1,080.69 and GBP 860.20 per ounce
31 Mar: USD 1,233.60, EUR 1,085.50 and GBP 857.62 per ounce
30 Mar: USD 1,238.20, EUR 1,094.12 and GBP 860.23 per ounce
Silver Prices (LBMA)
5 April: USD 15.19, EUR 13.37 and GBP 10.69 per ounce
4 April: USD 14.96, EUR 13.17 and GBP 10.52 per ounce
1 April: USD 15.58, EUR 13.92 and GBP 10.99 per ounce
31 Mar: USD 15.38, EUR 13.52 and GBP 10.68 per ounce
30 Mar: USD 15.38, EUR 13.58 and GBP 10.68 per ounce
Gold News and Commentary
– Gold snaps 2-day losing streak as Asian shares slide (Reuters)
– Gold Rebounds From Two-Day Drop as Stocks Decline, Crude Slides (Bloomberg)
– Gold rebounds in Asia amid risk-aversion, $1230 eyed (FX Street)
– Hedge funds aren’t wavering on gold price rally (Mining.com)
– China State Paper Sees `Powerful Force’ Behind Panama Leak (Bloomberg)
– Clashing Views on Gold (Barrons)
– Cash Is Still King in Switzerland (Bloomberg)
– Rise Of The Silver Price Will Be Quick And Sudden (Silver Seek)
– Industry Experts Agree: Gold Prices Are Headed Higher (Stansberry Resource)
– Rickards: 2018 – SDR World Currency Backed with Gold (Daily Coin on Youtube)
Read More Here
‘7 Real Risks To Your Gold Ownership’ – Must Read Gold Guide Here
Please share our website with friends, family and colleagues who you think may benefit from it.