Perth Mint Silver Bullion Sales Rise 43% In March
– Perth Mint’s silver bullion sales rise 43% in March
– Perth Mint’s monthly gold coin, bars sales fall 12%
– Gold silver ratio of 32 – 32 times more silver ounces sold
– Gold: 22,232 oz and Silver: 716,283 oz – bullion coins and minted bars sold
– Gold is 2.6% higher and silver surged 3.1% in the shortened week with markets closed for Good Friday tomorrow
The Perth Mint’s silver bullion sales of coins and bars surged 43% in March. Silver sales climbed about 43 percent in March to 716,283 ounces from 502,353 ounces in February, according to a Perth Mint blog post.
Gold bullion coins and minted bars fell in March to the lowest since August last year. Sales of gold coins and minted bars slipped about 12 percent in March to 22,232 ounces from 25,257 ounces a month earlier, the mint said on its website.
Chart shows total monthly ounces of gold and silver shipped as minted products by The Perth Mint to wholesale and retail customers worldwide. It excludes sales of cast bars and other activities including sales of allocated/unallocated precious metal and Perth Mint Silver and Gold Certificates.
The Perth Mint is the largest gold refinery in Australia, the world’s No. 2 gold producer after China. It is one of the largest gold and silver refineries in the world.
Gold and silver prices have surged this week on a weaker dollar and as appetite for risky assets such as equities waned due to geo-political concerns in the Middle East and Asia and deepening tensions between the U.S. and Russia.
Gold is 2.6% higher and silver is 3.1% in the shortened Easter week with markets closed for Good Friday tomorrow.
Geo-political risks that were dormant are becoming more active. This is leading to renewed risk aversion which should see further gains for gold and silver.
Perth Mint Bullion blog here
Gold and Silver Bullion – News and Commentary
Gold Prices (LBMA AM)
13 Apr: USD 1,286.10, GBP 1,025.28 & EUR 1,208.42 per ounce
12 Apr: USD 1,272.30, GBP 1,018.22 & EUR 1,199.02 per ounce
11 Apr: USD 1,255.70, GBP 1,011.47 & EUR 1,183.75 per ounce
10 Apr: USD 1,253.60, GBP 1,011.15 & EUR 1,184.40 per ounce
07 Apr: USD 1,264.30, GBP 1,017.38 & EUR 1,188.82 per ounce
06 Apr: USD 1,253.75, GBP 1,004.88 & EUR 1,175.27 per ounce
05 Apr: USD 1,252.50, GBP 1,003.88 & EUR 1,174.47 per ounce
Silver Prices (LBMA)
13 Apr: USD 18.56, GBP 14.80 & EUR 17.45 per ounce
12 Apr: USD 18.31, GBP 14.65 & EUR 17.27 per ounce
11 Apr: USD 17.94, GBP 14.44 & EUR 16.91 per ounce
10 Apr: USD 17.94, GBP 14.47 & EUR 16.97 per ounce
07 Apr: USD 18.40, GBP 14.81 & EUR 17.31 per ounce
06 Apr: USD 18.22, GBP 14.63 & EUR 17.09 per ounce
05 Apr: USD 18.26, GBP 14.63 & EUR 17.11 per ounce
Recent Market Updates
– Bank of England Rigging LIBOR – Gold Market Too?
– Gold, Silver and Oil Spike After U.S. Bombs Syria
– Why Now Is The Time To Invest In Gold and Silver – Schroders
– Heraeus Gold Refinery Buys Swiss Refiner Argor-Heraeus
– Invest In Gold – 46 Trillion Reasons Why
– Gold and Silver Best Performing Assets In Q1, 2017
– Irish Government To Issue Free Gold Coin To Protect Citizens From Brexit’s Impact On Euro and EU
– ‘Three Wise Men’ Warn Crash Coming, Own Gold
– Brexit Gold Buying – UK Demand for Gold Bars Surges 39%
– ‘Most Secure Coin In the World’ ?
– Gold Bullion Coin Worth $4 Million, Stolen in Berlin Museum Heist
– Gold, Silver Rise 2.5% and 3.2% As ‘Trump Trade’ Fades
– Gold ETFs or Physical Gold? Hidden Dangers In GLD