Perth Mint Certificates

Who is the Perth Mint

The Perth Mint of Western Australia is fully owned and operated by the Western Australian Government. The Mint was established in 1899 in response to the rich discoveries of gold and other mineral deposits in Western Australia. The mint produces legal tender coins and is a renowned expert in the area of coin design and production. The Mint offers investors the means to buy and sell investment grade bullion products via its network of authorised dealers. GoldCore is proud to be one such authorised dealer and has worked closely with the mint for many years.

How can I buy Perth Mint Certificates

Buying is simple. In order to purchase Perth Mint Certificates you simply need to open up an account with and follow the instructions. Once you have an account opened you will be prompted to fund your account. Once funds have been credited to your account you will be able to place orders online via or via the telephone by phoning our office.

How can I sell Perth Mint Certificates

Selling is simple too. When the time comes to sell all or a part of your holding you will have to do the following. You will need to send in the certificate that you wish to liquidate to our office. On the reverse side you need to fill in the Transfer Section. Please call our office for instructions before, as it can be confusing. You will need to include a letter detailing your trade instructions, your bank account details and your signature. We will the confirm the details of the sale with you. You can part-liquidate your position too. Once you have stored your certificate with us we will register your gold as an asset on our system, you will be able to see your holding on line and you will be able to sell your holding by logging into your account and requesting a sale of your asset.

We may request identity documents depending if you have been a customer of ours before. Please call our office for more details.

 How do I open and account?


What Documents do I need?
In order to fully operate an account you must provide the following documents along with your application form.

Two items from List 1 and one item from List 2

List 1 Proof of Identity

List 2 Proof of Address

Certified copies of official state identification, choose any two of the following:

·         A Current Passport

·         A Drivers License

·         An Original Birth Certificate

Certified copy of any of the following:

        Utility Bill (Dated within the last three months)

       Tax Clearance Certificate

In each case showing your residential address and dated within the last three months. 

 Please send these documents to the address below:

GoldCore Limited
14 Fitzwilliam Square
Dublin 2

 What are Certified Copies and who can certify them?

Certification of documents can be carried out by a member of GoldCore staff by appointment, the Police, your bank or building society manager, a chartered or certified public accountant, notaries public or practising solicitor or a manager with the Post Office or embassy or consulate staff.

The persons who is certifying the documents must have seen the original documents and stamp as follows using a company stamp

  •  Write the following statement on the photocopy

“This is a true copy of the original documents sighted by me”

  • Sign and print their name
  • Provide an address and a contact telephone number
  • State their profession or occupation
  • Affix an official stamp or seal if applicable

In addition if the certifying officer is a Justice of the peace the certifying officer must

  • List registration number

How do I transfer Funds?
The most convenient and fastest is a bank transfer. Once your account is open we will then send you bank details in order to transfer your funds.

What happens after I transfer funds?
Upon receipt of funds we will contact you to confirm the details of your intended purchase. With your permission we will then place your order on the international bullion markets. You will receive your confirmation the following morning detailing the execution price and the amount of precious metal bought. Your certificate will be sent to you 9-12 business days later.

How do I Sell?
When the time comes to sell all or part of your holding please call us and we will send you a liquidation form. You will need to send this form along with the certificate that you wish to liquidate to us with the reverse side of the certificate signed in the Transfer Section.

Upon receipt of your certificates and accompanying documentation we will call you to confirm the specifics of your trade. When you give us permission we will carry out your sale. This will take one day to complete. You will receive your confirmation the following morning. Funds will be wired to your bank account within 8 business days.

GoldCore charge 1.5% on all Perth Mint Certificate sales transactions.

What is the Cost Perth Mint Certificate Gold and Pooled Silver?
Please see below our indicative breakdown of premium discounts on orders placed

  • €/£10,000 to €/£20,000 – 3.9%
  • €/£20,000 to €/£29,999– 3.6%
  • €/£30,000 to €/£39,999– 3.4%
  • €/£40,000 to €/£49,999- 3.2%
  • €/£50,000 to €/£59,999 - 3%
  • €/£60,000 to €/£69,999– 2.8%
  • €/£70,000 to €/£79,999 – 2.6%
  • €/£80,000 to €/£89,999 – 2.4%
  • €/£90,000 to €/£99,999– 2.2%
  • €/£100,000 – 2%

Can I take delivery of Perth Mint Certificate metal?

Yes you can. The Perth Mint will allow you to convert your unallocated metal holding into an allocated metal holding. There are fabrication fees for the various different formats of metal. You must choose the format and then the location for storage. The Perth Mint will store the metal for you or you may have it shipped to a different location such as your home or a different storage provider. Contact a Gold Core Representative for more information on cost and options available to you.

What are the Identity requirements for opening a Perth Mint Account?

For most people a certified copy of their passport and driver's license plus either a recent Utility Bill will suffice. Bank statements, including credit card statements are not accepted. Certified means that a police officer has confirmed that the photocopy of your identity documents is a true likeness to the original documents. You may also have a solicitor, Notary Public or a Justice of the Peace certify your documents. Please note that documents certified by a bank manager cannot be accepted. You must then send the documents via post to our office address.

What if I want to buy one week and sell the next, can I use the Perth Mint?

Yes you can, although it probably would not be the most economic way to trade. There are other means of speculating on the gold markets that are far more advantageous from a trading cost and tax perspective. Call our office and we will run you through all the options. The Perth Mint is more suitable to long-term holders of precious metals. On that basis it is by far the best bet.

How does the Perth Mint Programme compare with on-line gold trading systems or the Exchange Traded Fund that trades in the stock market?

Exchange Traded Funds are a great way to buy gold via the stock market. They can be extensive charging 0.40% a year to hold and manage your position. Because of the charges we believe the this method is best suited to short term speculators rather than long term holders of gold.

Gold trading systems also offer great flexibility to speculators, allowing them to enter and exit the market on a whim at low cost. The hidden costs of such systems should be studied carefully as well as the ownership structure of the providers. Investors should ask - whom do I have risk to, what happens to my investment if the company goes bust or disappears, what liabilities does the service provider incur and can they manage them? We heard of reports recently where clients of one firm where unable to access the system as the website was down.

Does the Perth Mint have Insurance?

The Perth Mint is fully insured by Lloyds of London. In addition it is fully owned and guaranteed by the Government and Citizens of Western Australia.

Does the Perth Mint offer allocated storage?

Yes they do. The cost is 1.5% for gold per year and 2.5% for silver. You will also have to pay fabrication costs, depending on what format of products you choose. Please call us for more details.

Should I opt for allocated or unallocated?

Allocated accounts are suitable for those individuals who wish to take delivery of their bullion. Unallocated accounts are free. You can always keep your bullion in an unallocated account and then switch to an allocated account should circumstance warrant it.

How secure is the Perth Mint Certificate Programme?

Very. The Mint is owned by the Western Australian Government. It is fully backed by the tax payers of Western Australia, one of the wealthiest states in Australia. The government enjoys one of the highest credit ratings in the world.

Moody's - 07 Mar 2006 - In its annual report on Western Australia, Moody's Investors Service says the state's AAA ratings and stable outlook reflect a moderate debt burden and solid financial performance that has been underpinned by robust economic growth in recent years. "Government surpluses have grown steadily since 2002/03 and, in most years, the state has well exceeded budget projections," said Moody's. The stable rating outlook reflects the government's commitment to contain expenditures despite pressures for service enhancements and infrastructure expansion. This commitment could become increasingly important should revenue growth slow in the years ahead, says the Moody's report." - Learn more about Western Australia's government: